Saturday, January 24, 2009

Shaylee's Busy Day

Shaylee had a busy day yesterday. It started out like any regular day. She got up, ate breakfast, and played until it was time to take Kelsi to school. When we got home I let her watch a movie while I got a few things done and put Courtney down for her morning nap. When I came back to check on her I noticed she had a reddish-purple mark on her arm. Upon closer inspection and talking to her I discovered that she had given herself a hickey on her arm. Yes Shaylee's first hickey (and hopefully her last) was given to her by herself. I tried to take a picture but couldn't get it to turn out so well.

Then around lunch time I was feeding Courtney and Shaylee runs in with a panicked look on her face telling me to hurry quick because the house was flooding. I run in the bathroom to discover that the toilet was overflowing. So the next little while was spent cleaning up that mess. Sorry no pictures for that one either. I was too busy cleaning up the mess.

You would think that was enough for one day but not for Shaylee. I had let her paint at the table with watercolors hoping to keep her out of trouble. She got bored with the watercolors and went on to the other paints that were in the same box. Not only to she paint beautiful masterpieces on paper she felt the need to paint one on her arm. Thank goodness it was all washable so the clean up wasn't too bad.


Somewhere in the mix I managed to get some laundry done and it is amazing what you find when you do. Just take a look at the pictures.



The day in the life of a four year old whose mom is too busy with the baby sometimes.
Stay tuned Tim Tam Slams coming soon.

4 comments:

*Amy * said...

Wow, scorpions and self-inclined hickeys. You have your hands full!

*Amy * said...

self-inflicted I meant to write. Oops.

Nora said...

OK gal! Stung again? Remember the one in your grandparents house when we were at EAC? And what in the world is Tim Tam Slams? Love ya lots!

amy and luke said...

And I thought I was the only one with girls that made a mess.

The Gila Valley Temple