Friday, January 23, 2009

I HATE Scorpions

I have several things to blog about but today I choose one. I HATE scorpions. I was stung just yesterday by one of those evil things. I was minding my own business washing my hands in the kitchen. I went to dry my hands on the dish towel hanging over the oven handle when there was a sudden stab of pain shooting through my wrist and hand. Ouch and again I say ouch. Just thinking about it makes my wrist hurt. The horrid thing was hiding on my dish towel between the two ends of the towel. I have been stung twice before but this was probably the most painful one. My hand and forearm tingled with the feeling of pins and needles. Let me just say it again. I HATE SCORPIONS. Here is a list of the reasons why.

1. It hurts when they sting!
2. They can be anywhere and I mean anywhere. We have found them in the sink, the tub, on the floor in all rooms, the wall, up in the closet, on the couch, in the laundry basket mixed in with clothes, on Kelsi's backpack and several other places I am sure I am forgetting.
3. They could be deadly (certain types) for my children especially my baby if she is stung. Shaylee was stung once and didn't have a bad reaction, thank goodness. Kelsi, Courtney and Jeremy haven't yet and it is not a fate I wish for them. I rather be stung several times over than to have my children be stung even once. I am too scared for them.
4. The are ugly.

I hope a scorpion sting is a fate none of you have to face. Kind of ironic my astrological sign is Scorpio.

Stay tuned more posts coming soon.

5 comments:

J-mama said...

UGGGH! Scorpions freak me out too! Seems like they are everywhere over there! I hope you feel better soon.

*Amy * said...

We had SOOO many when we lived there for a year after we got married. We lived in a tiny place behind the institute canal. Chris got stung on the face while in bed in our first night there! It was horrible and his face swelled up for a week. I saw them all the time except for the winter so I am surprised you saw one in Jan. I hate them and spraying doesn't seem to be too effective either. Are you going to get sprayed? We never found that it helped. Do you live by water? We did and we found we had it worse that other places.

Jeremy and Cindy said...

We have the house sprayed almost every month. In the winter we take a couple of months off. We don't live near a water sorce, but they irrigate the field in the back during the summer. The real problem is that there are a lot of plants close to the house were the hide and live and then make there way inside.

The Prices!! . said...

I hate then too!! I have been stung too!! I think their ugly too! After the house you grew up in I would think you would be immune to creepy crawly's

amy and luke said...

Yuck!!! I am so sorry that stinks. I still have not got stung thank goodness. Tamra did and she got sick. I am glad you are ok.

The Gila Valley Temple