Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Pretty in Pink

Well things have been going pretty well with the house. All of the walls are up. The drywall, taping and texture has all been completed. The shelves are in all of the closets and pantry. They painted the inside this week. We went last night to see the finished product and the first thing the girls said when we walked into the garage was something like "Yes! Our house is pink!" That was not what color we wanted our walls. We picked out a color called canyon dusk. It was suppose to be a light brown with a tint of red in it.


Needless to say it turned out different than we expected and pink is not going to work for us. Last night was spent picking out new colors with the help of our contractor. He was very good about leading us toward colors that were more like what we wanted in the end. The new paint was ordered and I traveled to Tucson today to pick it up. I brought back 9 five gallon buckets of paint in the back of my mini van. Hopefully by this time tomorrow the problem will be remedy. Oh the adventures of building a house. I would probably be laughing if it wasn't such an expensive mistake.

2 comments:

tenney_fam said...

That is so crazy! I just painted my girls rooms this week so I know what you mean. The paint sure looks different on the little papers then on the wall!

The Prices!! . said...

Ok, so the entire outside of my house ended up being a pink kind of color though I really hate to even admit it because I hate it when people say my house is pink. The color was suposed to be southwesterly tan. There was no going back for us though!

The Gila Valley Temple