Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Graduation

Last night little miss Shaylee graduated from Busy Bee Preschool. Let me tell you, she is one busy bee. She and another little boy kept playing around. They were shaking the projector screen on the stage, then during one of the songs they were trying to knock each others hats off. I felt so bad. I apologized to the mom of the little boy and she told be it was no big deal and that her and her husband couldn't stop laughing about it. I guess I just needed a little perspective. One set of parents finding the humor in it and Jeremy and me ready to put her in a time out. One thing is for sure we will have fond memories to smile back on of the event. This is a picture of the before mentioned projector screen. I caught this shot of the shadows of the preschool kids with the flag in the back. I know I may be silly but I thought it was kind of a neat little picture. The kids sang patriotic songs and songs about the things they learned. One of Shaylee's favorite was the months of the year song. I'll have to catch in on the digital camera and post it sometime. She has been singing in for weeks now. They all had a little part that they said. We were supposed to practice them ahead of time with the kids but when I asked Shaylee to tell me her part she wouldn't because she said it was a surprise. She did great! I guess she didn't need my help on that one. She is growing up so fast.
Shaylee's favorite part was the cookies and punch. After it was all over and time for refreshment she didn't even come over to see us she went straight for the cookies and punch. What a cutie!Kelsi also enjoyed the cookies and punch.Grandma Buck came to show her support. Thanks for coming! We are so proud of her and how well she did in Preschool. She is looking forward to Kindergarten and I know she will do great there also. Here is Shaylee with her teacher, Susan Norton. She does a great job with the kids. It has been a joy to have her teach both of my older girls and hope she is still teaching when it comes time for Courtney to go to preschool. One thing that Susan said she learned from Shaylee was that if you smell water you need to be careful so you don't get water in your nose. Thanks Susan for a great year at preschool!
Stay tuned someone is turning one today and there will be a special birthday post.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Congratulations Shaylee! How exciting. Your girls are you growing up so fast! (And I love your shadow picture. I think it is great!)

The Gila Valley Temple