Tuesday, March 17, 2009

To The Zoo

This weekend we had a wonderful time at the Reid Park Zoo with my family. It was great to see everyone, except Jason and Kelly :(. We had lunch at the park and then wandered the zoo. It had been over ten years since I had been to this zoo and it was fun to share it with my kids and husband.

Here are some of the highlights.

They had a place where you could feed and pet the giraffes but it cost $2 and the line was too long so maybe another time.

The Girls had fun climbing in and on top of this turtle shell. We couldn't play long because several people wanted to get pictures of their kids on it.
This egg must have been a double yoke. I guess that means we will have good luck.

There were fun things in the learning center to do and see.

We also enjoyed some Cookies n' Cream and Banana Split Dippin' Dots. A nice little treat that we rarely get.

I bet you have never seen such exotic animals. They are the Shaylee Cheetah and the Kelsi Giraffe.

You "otter" go and see this animal. I know cheesy.

They had all kinds of fun and exotic birds.

The peacocks were everywhere and this one was so close you could almost reach out and pet it.

I don't think this one is really called a monkey but whatever type of primate it is he and his pals were swinging all over. It was pretty fun to see. At one time it almost look as if they were playing tag. Thanks everyone for making it a great day!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun. I haven't been to Reid Park Zoo since my oldest was about 7 or 8 months old. Moved too many times since then I suppose. Love the pictures of the girls in the egg, so cute.

amy and luke said...

It was a lot of fun wasn't it I am glad you guys got to come.

Marisa and Rob said...

Looks like you guys had a blast at the Zoo! That's cool that everyone got to go, except Kelly and Jason.

Jennie said...

It looks like you had a great time at the zoo! LOVE all the pictures of you and your family having a wonderful time together! The pictures of the girls are just adorable and Tori loved looking at all of them with me.

I don't think that I have been to the Reid Zoo but Matt remembers visiting when he lived in Tucson growing up. We will have to go the next time we are in Tucson visiting Matt's family.

Michelle and Javier said...

Great pictures, it's fun to spend time with your family :)

The Gila Valley Temple