Sunday, June 3, 2012

A Little Catch Up - April 2012

April showers are suppose to bring May flowers.  Well, we didn’t get much rain but we tried to have some fun with our three little flowers.

Easter was fun.  We had a visit from the Easter Bunny.  Who comes to our house on Saturday so that we can spend Sunday 017celebrating the real meaning of Easter.  The resurrection of  our Savior Jesus Christ.  What a blessing He is!  He lives!

020After Easter baskets, we headed to a picnic in Pomerene at Grandma Barney’s pond.  It was great to see so many family members.  We fished, went in the boat on the pond, played with cousins, ate and had an Easter egg hunt.  We were all tired and dirty from head to toe when it was all said and done but we had a great time.  Sad to say I didn’t get any pictures.  I was busy just trying to keep track of my three little flowers around the water.

We had a great day Sunday worshipping 038and spending time together as a family.  I decided to make the girls Easter dresses this year.  I used the same fabric but made each girl’s dress or skirt different .  It was kind of fun trying to come up with different ways to make their dresses. 

We also044 046041enjoyed a nice dinner and dessert.

  The kids enjoyed the dessert.  We had a chocolate and a pumpkin pie.  It had been a while since I had made either.

 

Since we were gone most of Saturday we also decided to let them color eggs that evening.  Always a fun messy event.  They never can get enough of the eggs to color. 051 I usually limit them because I don’t want to have dozens of hard boiled eggs just sitting in my refrigerator.  Some get eaten but most of them don’t. 

Most of the rest of the month was spent doing every day things; homework, school, housework, work, etc. 

065Toward the end of the month Kelsi had her fourth grade track meet.  Sad to say that was a rough day around here.  Courtney was feeling pretty lousy and had been up throughout the night.  She had a fever and was throwing up.   So we didn’t get to see most of it.  I did sneak there for a little while after taking Courtney to the Dr.  Luckily we had a friend that was able to get a picture of Kelsi at the track meet Kelsi trackandfieldduring the softball throw and be a support for her when I couldn’t. I did get to see her in the sack race. I felt so bad not being able to be there for the whole thing. I had never missed one before.

Courtney was tested for strep, the flu and a 067UTI, upon my suggestion, and all were negative except the UTI.  She has had at least three that have been diagnosed in here short little life. Poor girl! 

No comments:

The Gila Valley Temple