Sunday, September 18, 2011

June

In June Shaylee turned 7.  It amazes me how fast my girls are growing up.  I love seeing them grow, but it is hard to realize that every birthday brings them one year closer to not being kids any more. 084

We had a water party for Shaylee to celebrate with friends.  We had water squirters and slip and slides for the kids to play with.  We also had pizza, cupcakes and ice cream.  I think it was a success.   072065063

Happy Birthday Shaylee! 047

We planted a garden this year.  I was so happy with how it was growing.  We had corn, tomatoes, bell peppers, cucumbers, zucchini, yellow squash, watermelon and cantaloupe.  We got a little produce from it then we started having ant problems.  In spite of our best efforts the ants started destroying everything before it had a chance to ripen.  We also had a shallow roots problem.  We ended up pulling up everything because it was dying or being destroyed by ants.002  004    013005006     008

What little we did get off we enjoyed.  Maybe next year we will have more success.  I am not giving up anytime soon though.  

No comments:

The Gila Valley Temple